Halloween is typically all about costumes, trick or treating, and lots and lots of candy. Tons of fun, yes, but all that sugar probably isn’t the healthiest.
Here are some family friendly ways to celebrate Halloween that gets your active with your family, and have a lot of fun at the same time.
1. Go for a night hike. Choose a familiar trail or path and go for a hike after the sun has gone down. Experience a familiar area in a different light (or no light), take flashlights, reflective clothes, and make sure to stick together.
2. Visit a haunted house. Search online for a local haunted house to talk through. It’s a fun family activity that is sure to get you out of your comfort zone.
3. Roast pumpkin seeds. After carving your pumpkins for jack o’ lanterns, toss the pumpkin seeds with olive oil, salt and pumpkin spice. Roast in the oven till golden brown for a quick and healthy treat.
4. Follow the 80/20 rule. Eat healthy 80% of the time, so that you can have the “fun stuff” 20% of the time. Before going trick or treating, make sure to get a hearty, healthy meal in to keep your energy up and to balance out the candy that you will indulge in after.
Trick or Treating
5. Use a smaller trick or treat bag. Have the little ones take a smaller container with them trick or treating and encourage kids to only take one piece of candy from each house, so that they can visit more houses without getting weighed down with a big, heavy bag.
6. Get moving. Get some exercise by making Halloween a family activity. Walk the neighborhood instead of driving the the kids. Bring some water, a flashlight and a comfy pair of shoes.
7. Community events. Many cities will offer safe and free ways to celebrate Halloween, from trunk or treats to fall festivals.
Okabashi shoes have been manufactured in Buford, Georgia since 1984. We are proud to be part of the less than 1% of shoes that are still made in the USA.
|Women (US)||Men (US)||Okabashi Size|
|Size (US)||EU||Shoe Width (Inches)||Shoe Length (Inches)|