Locally Made in Buford, Georgia
Okabashi shoes have been manufactured in Buford, Georgia since 1984. We are proud to be part of the less than 1% of shoes that are still made in the USA.
Fast facts about Okabashi and our hometown of Buford, Georgia:
- We are located just 40 miles northeast of Atlanta, Georgia.
- In the early 1900s, Buford became widely known for its leather production and earned the nickname: “The Leather City.”
- Buford has a long footwear legacy: A large shoe factory operated there until 1941 and reopened to serve the military during World War II.
- Buford’s leather industry ended after the tannery experienced a fire in 1981 and the facility was not rebuilt.
- This coincided with the Irvanis, the founders of Okabashi, moving to the United States after escaping the Iranian Revolution.
- Okabashi occupies a 100,000-square-foot facility in Buford, GA, ringed by trees in a manufacturing park.
These are the perfect house shoes to wear during the colder months. The slip resistant material and supportive footbed will carry you all year long.
|Venice - Women’s sandal that is slip and water resistant and ready for rest and relaxation||Eurosport - Water resistant and waiting for you after you get that workout in|
Featured Flip Flops
Year round comfort, providing arch support and foot wellness whenever you need it.
|Maui - Our best selling women’s flip flop will be your new best friend this summer||Surf - With arch support better than most sneakers, this flip flop is ready for anything|