Shoes Locally Made in Buford, Georgia
Okabashi shoes have been manufactured in Buford, Georgia since 1984. We are proud to be part of the less than 1% of shoes that are still made in the USA.
Fast facts about Okabashi and our hometown of Buford, Georgia:
- We are located just 40 miles northeast of Atlanta, Georgia.
- In the early 1900s, Buford became widely known for its leather production and earned the nickname: “The Leather City.”
- Buford has a long footwear legacy: A large shoe factory operated there until 1941 and reopened to serve the military during World War II.
- Buford’s leather industry ended after the tannery experienced a fire in 1981 and the facility was not rebuilt.
- This coincided with the Irvanis, the founders of Okabashi, moving to the United States after escaping the Iranian Revolution.
- Okabashi occupies a 100,000-square-foot facility in Buford, GA, ringed by trees in a manufacturing park.
Why Choose Okabashi?
Made in USA
Handcrafted in Buford, GA, we're proud to be in the remaining 1% of US footwear manufacturers in the United States.
Our material is vegan, cruelty-free, and 100% recyclable. Scraps and non-saleable returns are turned into new product.
Our sandals will not shrink and the colors will not fade, no matter how often you wash them. Bye, germs!