Vacation is a time for relaxation, adventure, and entertainment. To get the full vacation experience, it is important to take care of your body. Here are some helpful tips to keep your mind and body as healthy as possible, so you can have the vacation you deserve!
1. Sleep is NOT just for the weak: While there is so much to see, so little time on vacation, it is imperative to get the appropriate amount of sleep. Adjusting to time zones, carrying luggage, and walking from attraction to attraction, are all activities that you cannot afford to be tired.
2. Streeetch: There is no better way to start the day with a nice morning stretch to release endorphins. Whether it is a sunrise stretch on the beach or stretching on the porch after morning coffee, either is a great way to relieve stress so you're ready to take on the day.
3. Treat yourself: Vacation can be filed with exciting, yet exhausting activities. So spend day at the spa with massages and mud masks, giving your body the full vacation it deserves.
4. Cover and Lather Up: Wearing a cover up to hide from the sun is helpful, but not enough to protect your skin. Bring sunscreen and constantly reapply to keep your skin healthy and damage free.
5. Most Important Meal of the Day is the Same on a Vacay: A lot changes when you go on vacation, but one of the few aspects that stay the same is the importance of a balanced breakfast. A nutritious breakfast will fuel your body in preparation for the long day's activities ahead.
6. Prepare: Be realistic when planning the itinerary. You can't do everything in one day; pace yourself and take the time to enjoy each part of your vacation. Also, know the atmosphere of your destination. (Be familiar with the safety of surrounding towns and the cleanliness of the drinking water)
7. Hydrate: On vacations dehydration happens quickly and often. Because of the changes in climate and sun exposure, the hydration process should begin prior to your departure. It is a good idea to always have a bottle of water with you during the vacation to avoid any problems due to dehydration.
8. Moderate: As much as we hate to accept it, moderation is key. With vacation, almost always comes alcohol, buffets, and desserts. You don't need to completely avoid these delicious temptations, but you should keep your meals balanced with nutritious foods as well.
9. No Gym, No Problem: If there is not a gym nearby, improvisation is your best friend. Try using items around the hotel room for exercises, or simply the space to do pushups, squats, etc. If cardio is more your style, find a safe route to run near the resort.
10. Find Shoes Made for Walking: Your daily experience on vacation will depend heavily on the pair of shoes you decide to wear. From multiple excursions to mile long attractions your feet will need shoes that give all the support they'll need.
|Okabashi Size||USA Women's Shoe Size||USA Men's Shoe Size|
|S||5.0 - 6.0||-|
|M||6.5 - 7.5||5.5 - 6.5|
|ML||8.0 - 9.0||6.5 - 7.5|
|L||9.5 - 10.5||8.0 - 8.5|
|LL||11.0 - 12.0||9.0 - 10.0|
|XL||-||10.5 - 11.5|
|XXL||-||12.0 - 13.0|